Re-Opening our Church
As our churches re-open there are things you will need to know about the new protocols.
Please take note of and keep the following in mind:
- Attendance will be limited
- Physical distancing will be the norm
- Mass will look, sound and feel different
- The dispensation from the Sunday obligation will continue
- The pandemic is not over and attending Mass comes with a risk
- Please be patient as we all adapt
How will church be different.....
- please use the main entrances of the Church.... Detroit or Nagel Road doors
- when you enter, be sure to tell the usher how many people are in your party
- the usher will hand you a disinfecting wipe and a paper towel
- When you arrive to your bench, please wipe down the bench/kneeler to your satisfaction with the disinfecting wipe and dry it as you see fit before taking your seat... the ushers will collect the used wipes/towels before Mass begins.
- households may sit together but must maintain six feet of distance between their household and other households throughout the celebration of Mass.
- wearing a mask is encouraged
- holy water fonts will remain empty
- there will be no missals or hymnals in the pews
- the ushers will dismiss you from your pew at Communion time, please maintain proper distance between you and the other Communicants.
- households should depart from the church in an organized manner while observing six feet of distance between other households
- bulletins will be available on the shelves and not handed out by the ushers.
Wearing a mask is highly encouraged.